1. If anyone is late for their mounted lesson time please know that you’re still welcome to join but lesson will end at designated time.
2. All first time lesson takers need to arrive 1hr before mounted lesson time to take a barn tour, find a properly fitted helmet, complete our liability release, and learn to tack.
* Plan to be at barn for at least 2hrs for all first time lesson takers
3. Allow 15-30 mins prior to your mounted lesson time, if you are tacking your own horse for your lesson.
* If you’d like for us to tack/untack your horse for you please let us know in advance and a $15 fee will be charged per time.
4. "Un-tacking" time after a lesson is not considered part of the time you "pay" for, but it is considered the rider's responsibility. Therefore, please allow up to 1-1/2 hours for your total time at the stable unless prior arrangements are made.
5. Horses are to be shining when we go to put them away. We owe them this much. Please allow for enough time before and after your lesson to accomplish this. Here at Five Star Equestrian we teach horsemanship, not just riding. Good horsemanship means taking care of your equine and equipment.
6. We will continue to teach safe lessons in small groups and/or private individual sessions. New riders are always carefully assessed as to their capabilities. Lessons, horses and instructors are assigned accordingly.
7. Monthly lessons are paid in advance, the last week of the preceding month. “Monthly” program riders will be assured a specific weekly spot, and that spot will be held for the following month. If payment is not received by the 5th, that spot becomes available for other riders. We accept cash/check or credit card.
8. As of November 1, 2015, any outstanding bills or amounts owed to Five Star Equestrian for more than 30 days will incur an 8% charge on the total outstanding amount due each month. This includes, but is not limited to, commission on Sales/Purchases and Training Fees.
9. “Monthly” program lessons are discounted. In order to receive this discount, and the benefit of a “reserved spot,” all lessons must be taken during the program month, or during a consecutive paid (enrolled monthly program) month. If a student opts to discontinue the monthly program, any “unused” lessons expire on the last day of that month. We do not refund.
10. Only Five Star Equestrian students are allowed to handle, groom or ride Five Star horses. Family and guests are encouraged to watch lessons, but must remain clear of the tacking and riding areas. This is for the safety of all.
11. Cancellations must be made prior to the lesson. Private lessons must be cancelled with at least 24 hours notice or you will be charged for that lesson. Semi private/Group lessons can be cancelled up to the scheduled start time. Only exception to this is if you and your family make up the semi-private then you will need to cancel within 24 hours or you will be charged for the lesson. If a scheduled lesson is not cancelled and/or not attended, student will be charged for that lesson, and it cannot be made up.
12. In the event of inclement weather (rain or wind or excessive heat), for the safety of the students we may find it necessary to cancel the lessons. We will try inform all at least 2 hours prior to their lesson time. If you do not hear from us, that means your lesson is still on.
13. Planned barn closure dates will be posted on the calendar dry erase board in the tack room. It is student’s responsibility to check these dates. Although we try, we will not ALWAYS remember to personally inform each student. Also, please make sure to read your emailed newsletter! If there is a planned barn closure it will be there.
14. Please avoid interrupting the trainers during lessons. This takes her/his attention away from instructing.
15. We cannot accommodate riders weighing in excess of 225 pounds, due to safety issues and the moderate sizes of our horses.
Please feel free to call/email at any time with questions or concerns.